Pre-semester Checklist, September 2022
This post provides essential guidance to make sure you’re prepared for teaching, from the teams in TEL and IT Services.
Moodle, Panopto and Teams
- Please remember to unhide your Moodle course (change course visibility to ‘Show’ in ‘Edit settings’) when you are ready to release it to students, otherwise they won’t be able to access it. Instructions are available here.
- MS Teams for the new academic year should be created on a self-service basis from the Module Overview page in MMS. Last academic year’s Teams will be archived automatically. Instructions are available here.
- Teams meeting recordings are no longer stored in Stream, but in OneDrive. Everything you need to know is here.
- Anyone wishing to reuse recordings can copy them to next year’s folder in Panopto. If you are copying a recording that was made by someone else, you will require their consent before doing this (email format is fine). Instructions are available here.
- All of the University’s classroom PCs have been upgraded to Windows 11, which means the desktop looks a little different to Windows 10. The graphic below shows the main changes.
- AV settings in teaching rooms – we will shortly publish an update to this.
- The Powerpoint add-in for Vevox, our polling/audience participation service, is now available to install from the Software Center on University-owned PCs. Please install this either on-campus, or over the VPN. All our support materials are available here (under ‘Vevox Resources’), and you can book a 1 to 1 training session here.
Training and support
- Online or in-person support sessions on Moodle, Panopto and Vevox can be booked here.
- Support sessions on classroom technologies can be booked here.
- Any new staff or PGR tutors are invited to our St Andrews Digital Learning Environment online session on Wednesday 14 September, which can be booked here.
- 1st semester IT Training courses, covering Office applications and LaTeX (Adobe posting later) are available for booking here.
- If you haven’t done so already, please join the Hive TEL support and community Team here.